Friday, November 13, 2009

Monday Madness with Bureaucracy!

Let's blame Henny for all the things that happened!

It was happening on Monday, August 24, 2009..
That morning I decided to apply for a new passport. So I went to The Immigration Office with a friend, Danny. *Thanks God I was with him.. Never thought that the process would really really pissed me off!

Ok. First, we went to the wrong place. The office has been moved to ... (I forgot), but it's not far away from the old one. I bought the form for 16.000 IDR. Wrote down all my personal informations then gave that form to the officer. He called my name and said that I have to bring the authentic documents (family card, birth card, id), not just their copies. Ok then, I went back home again to took those authentic documents! It took about 10 minutes to go to The Immigration Office-my home. It's not that far, huh? When I showed my family card to Danny, I said, "Dan, there's something wrong with my family card. They wrote down my name wrongly. Look! It's written as HENNY DWI JAYANTHI! It's not me! So I put an A sticker on the E." He was just amazed with thing that I did, and we laughed! "Ok, we'll see what will happen then," he said. Got back to The Immigration Office, I gave my documents and waited for about 5 minutes. Then a lady called my name and here came the trouble! She asked, "What's wrong with your family card? Is it authentic?" *Na,uh.. I knew she would ask me for that thing*Bravely I said, "Sure this is authentic, I know there's something wrong with my name. So the person in The District Office put a sticker on it." *Oh God I blame someone else for what I did. So rude!* "But we can't accept it," the lady said "You have to go back to your District Office and ask them to make PM 1 Letter telling that your family card is authentic." OH GOD! It was really annoy me! Danny just laughed and said, "I knew this would happen. hahahaha.. You're crazy by putting the sticker on your family card! hahahaha..." Ahhh... Fucked up!

I have bad experiences with bureaucracy, especially with my own District Office, Kelapa Gading Timur! First, I told the lady in the front desk about what was happening, she said I have to come inside and tell someone there. Ok. Then I came inside, and what I found was 6 men were just chatting and did nothing! *Man, I know this is Ramadhan! But hey do your job!* I talked to one of them, who was a security guard and he was so arrogant! He said I have to bring a cover letter from my home-area leader. Oh God didn't tell me to get back home anymore. Why didn't you just help me!? Geez!! I talked to the wrong person! Where the hell was the real officer!? I was so pissed off! No wonder I suddenly became so angry with him! Then there was an officer came and talked to us. God thought he would help me but he didn't! He even made the situation got worst! He told me to change my family card in the Citizenship Office!! OH MY GOD WHAT WAS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!? YOU KNEW IT WOULD TAKE TIMES!! Danny tried to calming me down and he took over my responsibility. He talked to the officer! I went out from the office and calmed myself down!

I remember about 3 years ago, when I got my ID card, it was wrong too. Again, it was written as HENNY DWI JAYANTHI! Ok Henny, you caused me in trouble for two times! I would never forgive you on the third times! Oh, is my name really hard to spell correctly? It's Hanny NOT Henny! With A NOT E! Oh come on!? And why most of the people in the bureaucracy are not so helpful!? They should help us! I really hate it!

Then Danny called me, asked me to talk to the supervisior. He said, "Be patient for awhile. The bureaucracy does suck, but you need them. If you resist them, you wouldn't get anything that you want." Ok. So I talked to a man about my problem, and he could help me, but he intensily looked for money. GEEZ!! After he finished with the letter for me, I paid him 20.000 IDR. Oh ok.. That easy money thing still happen.

I got the letter but we were too tired to go back to The Immigration Office. So, we just went to Gallery.

And the day after I went to The Immigration Office, gave all my documents, got my date for photo and interview

Hope everything will be ok. So I can get my passport immediately. Amen..

Things that I learn were: I have to be ultimately patient when dealing with bureaucracy and so with anything else; the process is the most important thing; this is a little part of my journey that I have to deal with, there are more upcoming things that I have to deal; I HAVE TO CHANGE MY FAMILY CARD!! WHO THE HELL IS HENNY!? HAHAHAHA....

No comments:

Post a Comment